- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through any current or future mobile applications associated with Lawfty or this Website;
- In connection with the services we provide through or in connection with this Website (the "Services").
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lawfty or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information");
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, location information, the type of the web browser and operating system you use, browsing activities, usage information, and any other information that your web browsing software or Internet Service Provider automatically provides to us.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically through cookies and other technologies such as log files, tracking pixels, and analytic tools and services.
- From third parties, for example, our business affiliates and partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by using our Services, filling in forms on this Website, initiating a chat conversation through this Website, contacting us via phone numbers and email addresses provided on this Website, creating an account through this Website, applying for a position, and retaining us, or other attorneys in which your legal matters are referred ("Partner Firms") to represent you in legal matters, including the distribution of settlement or other payments to you, if applicable.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) and information provided by you, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions or other requests you initiate and/or carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your requests, including search queries on this Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- If applicable, information you decide to publish (hereinafter, "post") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You may choose whether or not to provide such information; however, the information may be required to respond to your request.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Do Not Track Requests for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Lawfty, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, in order to better understand your use of our Services and how we can improve them. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other usage information. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and our Partner Firms may use the Personal Information we collect:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To facilitate your requests for a free case evaluation and determine your legal needs.
- To contact you for a case assessment and/or review of services we or our Partner Firms may provide.
- To provide you with legal and other services you request.
- To create and manage your account.
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you, including placing calls or sending texts using any automated technology, including prerecorded messages.
- To send you newsletters, legal updates, event information, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Website.
- To understand how people are using the Services, including by generating and analyzing statistics.
- To improve and customize communications and advertisements.
- To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes.
- To protect our rights or property, and the security and integrity of our business, the Services, users, and our third party business partners and service providers.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers.
- To Partner Firms when we refer cases or potential cases to such Partner Firms, at your direction or with your permission or as otherwise required in connection with our legal representation of you.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which Lawfty is acquired by or merged with another business, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Personal Information provided pursuant to an attorney/client relationship may not be shared with third parties except as is done with such precautions to preserve the confidentiality of such information and any attorney/client privilege as may attach to such information.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from Lawfty. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or by mail at the address provided below in "Contact Us". The electronic marketing communications we send may also contain an opt-out mechanism. Please note that it may take up to 10 calendar days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request. Please also contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and no security system is impenetrable. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
To ensure that consumers’ inquiries are handled accurately, courteously, and promptly, phone calls between you and Lawfty or any of our affiliates, agents, case managers, paralegals, and/or attorneys may be recorded. We may from time to time make calls and/or send text messages to you at any telephone number associated with your account. The manner in which these calls or text (SMS) messages are made to you may include, but is not limited to, the use of prerecorded/artificial voice messages and/or an automatic telephone dialing system. You certify, warrant, and represent that the telephone numbers you have provided to us are your contact numbers. You represent that you are permitted to receive calls at each of the telephone numbers you have provided to us. You agree that we may send emails to you at any email address you provide us, or use other electronic means of communication to the extent permitted by law.
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
USING THE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under age 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features.
If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Please contact us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have any information from or about a child under age 16.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their Personal Information. See Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. California’s "Shine the Light" law, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosures of their "Personal Information" (as defined by California law) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the state of California provides California residents with certain other rights concerning their Personal Information. This section describes (1) the categories of Personal Information, collected and disclosed by Lawfty, subject to California law, (2) your privacy rights under California law, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
Collection and Disclosure of Categories of Personal Information under California Privacy Law
In accordance with California law, we may have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers (for example, name, postal address, date of birth, email address, IP address, and online identifiers);
- Signature, Taxpayer Identification Number, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, account numbers, and other categories of Personal Information as defined by Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80;
- Protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, age, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website;
- Geolocation data;
- Sensory data (for example, video and audio recordings);
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any information identified above.
On an as needed basis, and in accordance with our confidentiality obligations, we may disclose each of these categories of Personal Information with our co-counsel, referral counsel, or service providers for business purposes (for example, to facilitate our representation of you or to enable the service providers to provide their services) and as otherwise described in the How We May Share Your Information section above.
Your Privacy Rights Under California Law
Under California law, subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
Notice: You have the right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
Access: You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
Deletion: You have the right to request to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination: You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise of your California privacy rights.
How to Enforce Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to their Personal Information:
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to email@example.com.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell us which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer as an authorized agent, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf. You will need to provide us with signed and written permission that showcases you are acting as an authorized agent.
- Provide us with information to verify your identity. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Provide us with an e-mail or mailing address through which we can provide our response. If you make the request by email, unless otherwise requested, we will assume that we can respond to the email address from which you made the request.
Mail: PO Box 479, Greenlawn, NY 11740